Extended Producer Responsibility
Extended Producer Responsibility is a concept where manufacturers and importers of products should bear a significant degree of responsibility for the environmental impacts of their products throughout the product life-cycle, including upstream impacts inherent in the selection of materials for the products, impacts from manufacturers’ production process itself, and downstream impacts from the use and disposal of the products. Producers accept their responsibility when designing their products to minimize life-cycle environmental impacts, and when accepting legal, physical or socio-economic responsibility for environmental impacts that cannot be eliminated by design.
Plastic Waste Management Rules 2016 by GOI
On the direction of National Green Tribunal (NGT), Ministry of Environment and Forests has finalized the Plastic Waste Management (“PWM”) Rules 2016, which has come out with stringent norms for Extended Producer Liability (EPR), and includes roadmap as well as penalty structures on producers, generators and Brand owners.
GEM as a solution provider
- Collection / recycling of company’s Pre consumer and Post consumer packaging waste
- Spreading awareness of environment sustainability and need of recycling
- Providing audited certificate indicating fulfilling of EPR requirement
What plastic products are affected?
All plastic packaging products will come under the preview of EPR implementation.
- Brand owner
- Waste collection
Who is responsible?
How can we help you in EPR compliance?
- Maps out the value chain of products and operations
- Review existing environmental stewardship reports
- Assists in registration with the prescribed authorities
- Identify strategic EPR opportunities
- Design pilot EPR projects
- Design outreach plan and communication strategy
How will your company benefit from our services?
Our service will help you implement EPR strategies for your company so you will not only save time and money but focus on your core business.
Our Team having international experience will provide systematic approach in implementing EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) from collection of waste to provide audited certificate indicating fulfilling of EPR requirements.